15 November 2006

Whom do I have in heaven but you?

Grappling with several issues the other day, I cried out to the LORD for ...something. I don't really know what I thought I needed...I just stopped...and knew I was right in the place I needed to be at that moment. I sat in silence for quite sometime, considering my heritage in the faith, the opportunities and blessings he has RICHLY poured out on me. I remembered...who I am, who died for me and who loves me.

Later that day, I was helping one of my daughters with a passage she is trying to memorize, Psalm 73. She had plateaued with understanding on why the wicked continue to prosper. So I picked up reading aloud for her trying to personalize it. As I read the remaining verses, tears slipped down my cheeks as the LORD answered my prayer of earlier in the day.

"Then I realized that my heart was bitter, and I was all torn up inside.
I was so foolish and ignorant--I must have seemed like a senseless animal to you.
Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny.
Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth.
My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever."

No comments: